Wanted Hizbul Mujahideen Militant Arrested in J&K's Kishtwar
Reyaz Ahmad, a resident of Sounder Dachhan village and a close associate of hardcore terrorist Mohammad Amin alias 'Jhangir', was arrested by a police party based on specific information from the town
Jammu: A wanted Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist, who was luring youths into militancy, was arrested on Sunday in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, a senior police officer said.
Reyaz Ahmad, a resident of Sounder Dachhan village and a close associate of hardcore terrorist Mohammad Amin alias 'Jhangir', was arrested by a police party based on specific information from the town, Senior Superintendent of Police, Kishtwar, Rajinder Gupta told PTI.
He said several pictures of Ahmad holding an AK assault rifle had gone viral on social media in the recent past and his name also surfaced during interrogation of two of his associates who were arrested in the town on July 1.
Following the arrest of his two associates, a case was registered at the Kishtwar police station.
The officer said Ahmad was also involved in another case related to militancy in the Parimpora locality of Srinagar.
Some more arrests and recoveries are expected at his disclosure, the officer said, adding he was a hardcore motivator encouraging local youth to join militancy.
Jehangir is the longest surviving terrorist active in the Kishtwar belt, he said.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it
- Rohit and Bumrah Included as ICC Announce Team of the World Cup
- Delhi Govt Facilitates 511 New Auto Stands across the City to Address Problems of Congestion
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: TCL's 2019 Edition of 4K TVs Starting Rs 25,999 With Amazon Alexa Built-in
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Five Best Phones to Buy if you Love Playing PUBG Mobile