WB Governor Jagdeep Dhankar Accorded 'Z' Class VIP Security Cover in Wake of 'Potential Threats'
Under the 'Z' category, the West Bengal Governor will have about 8-10 armed security personnel with him when he travels. The paramilitary force will take over the charge soon.
File photo of Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankar.
New Delhi: West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankar has been accorded a 'Z' category VIP security cover by the Union government in the wake of "potential threats" to him, officials said on Thursday.
They said the Union home ministry has issued an order and directed the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) to take charge of Dhankar's security that will be valid in all parts of the country.
Under the 'Z" category, the West Bengal Governor will have about 8-10 armed security personnel with him when he travels. The paramilitary force will take over the charge soon, they said.
Officials said the CRPF cover came as a threat assessment report prepared by central security and intelligence agencies found that Dhankar needs to be secured by a professional team of personnel especially in the wake of the recent incident at Jadavpur University where Union minister Babul Supriyo was heckled and he had rushed to save him.
The CRPF guards a number of VIPs including Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On International Men's Day, Salman Khan Shares Secrets to Being Dabangg
- Instagram Cracks Down on Ghosty, a Scary Stalking App For Android Phones
- WhatsApp Beta Tests Letting You Sign in on Multiple Devices; No Dark Mode Updates Yet
- Maneka Gandhi Sends Help Within an Hour After Journalist Tweets Photo of Injured Monkey
- Kerala MLA Asked Locals to Gift Him Books, Now He's Donating Them to School Libraries