'We Are Watching': Navy Chief Says Chinese Involvement in Indian Ocean on The Rise
Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh said there have been instances when the People's Liberation Army (PLA) ships have entered India's exclusive economic zones and the Navy has told them that it impinges on Indian interests.
New Delhi: There has been increasing Chinese involvement in the Indian Ocean and the Indian Navy is watching carefully, Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh said on Wednesday.
Speaking at a panel discussion at the Raisina Dialogue here, he also said there have been instances when the People's Liberation Army (PLA) ships have entered India's exclusive economic zones and the Navy has told them that it impinges on Indian interests.
"We have placed our ships in mission-based deployments so that we get an idea what are the activities, not only of China but of all other countries, so that if there is anything that impinges on our national interest or sovereignty, we will have to act," he said.
"China's Belt and Road Initiative and the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor impinge on our sovereignty," the Navy Chief said.
Besides Admiral Singh, Japan's Joint Staff of Self-Defense Forces General Koji Yamazaki, Australia's Vice Chief of the Defence Force Admiral David Johnston, France's Deputy Director General for International Relations and Strategy, Ministry of Armed Forces General Luc de Rancourt, and the UK's Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Tony Radakin, took part in the panel discussion.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shehnaaz-Rashami Compete with Sidharth-Asim on Bigg Boss, Richa Sharma Shares Pics of Kapil Sharma's Baby
- Your Next Android Phone May Use ISRO NavIC Navigation: Everything You Need to Know
- Saif Ali Khan Opens up on Divorce with Amrita Singh and Its Impact on Sara, Ibrahim
- Street Dancer 3D Box Office Prediction: Remo D'Souza's Dance Film Might Wash Off Varun Dhawan's Kalank
- Microsoft Accidentally Exposed Data of 250 Million Users; Why Aren't We Shocked Anymore?