We Can't Order UK to Return Kohinoor: Supreme Court
The Supreme Court on Friday said that it cannot pass an order to bring back the Kohinoor diamond which is in the possession of the United Kingdom or say that they should not auction it.
File photo of Kohinoor diamond (Picture courtesy: Getty Images)
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday said that it cannot pass an order to bring back the Kohinoor diamond which is in the possession of the United Kingdom or say that they should not auction it.
Dismissing off the petition by the All India Human Rights and Social Justice seeking direction for bringing back the diamond, a bench headed by Chief Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar observed this.
The bench further said: "Can we say England should not auction some property."
The court said this as the petitioner NGO sought direction that the UK should not auction the diamond.
Disposing off the petition, the bench also said that it was satisfied with the government's response that it was making efforts to get the diamond back.
Recommended For You
- Kanye West, Drake Collaborating On New Music
- Big B Has Embarrassing Dad Moment, Posts Shweta's Baby Pic On Instagram
- Ranveer Singh Talks About Facing The Limelight, His Style Quotient And Padmaavat
- Zuckerberg Goes 007 Mode: Sets up 'Secret Police' to Find Information Leakers in Facebook
- India Joins In As World Prepares To Celebrate French Gastronomy On March 21