12-year-old Kota Boy Hangs Himself; Police Investigate 'TikTok Angle'
The boy was found hanging with iron chains around his neck in a bathroom near his room, triggering speculation that he killed himself under the influence of mobile app TikTok.
Kota: A student of Class 6 allegedly hanged himself at Vigyan Nagar in Rajasthan's Kota city, police said.
The 12-year-old boy was wearing bangles and a 'mangalsutra' (an ornament worn by Hindu married women) at the time of the incident, triggering speculation that he killed himself under the influence of mobile app Tik Tok.
According to the boy's parents, Kushal Sindhi was fond of playing video games and had downloaded TikTok on his phone.
Kushal, a resident of Vigyan Nagar, had gone to sleep in his room on Monday night. He was found hanging with iron chains around his neck in a bathroom near his room, police said.
His family members immediately took him to a hospital, where the doctors declared him brought dead.
"The initial investigation suggested that the boy might have killed himself accidentally while probably preparing to make a video on TikTok," said Station House Officer Mumindra Singh, adding that the actual reason of death would only be ascertained after receiving the autopsy report.
The boy was wearing bangles and a 'mangalsutra', which suggested he was going to complete some task in a mobile game or make a video on TikTok, he added. The SHO said the body was handed over to family members after a post-mortem.
It was too early to say that a video game or mobile app drove the minor boy to extreme step, Kota (City) ASP Rajesh Mill said.
The boy's father said Kushal had stayed awake throughout Monday night and continued to play games on his phone.
Recommended For You
- Was a Brazil Priest Really Pushed Off Stage for Saying 'Fat Women Can't Go to Heaven'?
- People Thought He was Married to Sakshi Tanwar in Real Life, Reveals Ram Kapoor’s Wife Gautami
- Shah Rukh Khan, Gauri Khan's 'Three Little' Children Look Adorable in New Pic from Maldives Vacation
- German Woman Tries to Buy Audi Car with 'Monopoly' Money, Gets Busted
- It Went Wrong From My End: PV Sindhu Rues Mistakes in Indonesia Open Final Loss to Yamaguchi