West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee Wishes Kerala, Malayalees a 'Happy Onam'
"We are sure you will overcome the pain of the destruction caused by the devastating #KeralaFloods and prepare for a bountiful harvest next year," she tweeted.
File photo of West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee. (PTI)
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday wished the Malayalees a happy Onam and hoped that the Keralites would be able to overcome the difficulties caused by the recent floods in the state and witness a good harvest next season.
"Wishing my Malayalee brothers and sisters a #HappyOnam, Banerjee wrote on her Twitter handle.
"We are sure you will overcome the pain of the destruction caused by the devastating #KeralaFloods and prepare for a bountiful harvest next year," she added.
In the ongoing monsoon, Kerala witnessed severe flooding following unusual heavy rainfall.
About 231 people were killed in Kerala since August eight and over 10.40 lakh others are lodged in 2,770 camps across the state, official sources said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- IAF Rafale Fighter Jet: What Makes Dassault-Made Plane So Important for India
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Calls Sidharth 'Kaamchor' and 'Magarmach', Twitterati Divide in Support
- IQAir Health Pro 250 Review: Can You Really Put a Price on Clean Air at Home?
- Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch Launched With a New Keyboard, Price Starts at Rs 1,99,900