West Bengal Govt to Implement Social Security Scheme for Journalists, Says Mamata Banerjee
Mamata Banerjee also referred to the health insurance scheme floated by her government for accredited journalists.
File photo of West Bengal CM and Trinamool Congress Supremo Mamata Banerjee. (PTI)
Kolkata: West Bengal government will soon implement a social security scheme to provide financial assistance to journalists, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Saturday.
Banerjee also referred to the health insurance scheme floated by her government for accredited journalists.
Today is the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists. Apart from the health insurance scheme ‘Mabhoi’ for accredited journalists, our Govt in #Bangla is soon going to implement a social security scheme to provide financial assistance to media personnel— Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) November 2, 2019
Observed annually on this day, the 'International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists, is a UN-recognised day to draw attention to the low global conviction rate for violent crimes against journalists and media workers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Dabboo Ratnani Has This to Say About His Calendar Shoot with Kiara Advani Being Plagiarised
- NASA Records 'Hottest Temperature' in Antarctica, Shows Shocking Images of Melting Snow
- Shibani Dandekar Shares Loved up Pic with Farhan Akhtar to Mark 2 Years of Dating
- Watch: Elderly Pune Woman Stands on Pavement and Scolds Bikers Riding on the Footpath
- The One Where They Reunite: The 'FRIENDS' Reunion is Happening, and Fans Cannot Keep Calm