'What is Delaying Daati Maharaj's Arrest?': DCW Serves Legal Notice to Delhi Police
A disciple had alleged she was sexually abused at Daati Maharaj's ashrams in Delhi and Rajasthan and also named two male disciples of the godman in her complaint.
File image of Daati Maharaj. (PTI)
New Delhi: The DCW on Friday issued a notice to the Delhi Police, asking them the reason behind not arresting self-styled godman Daati Maharaj who is accused of raping a disciple in his ashrams here.
The woman had alleged she was sexually abused at Daati Maharaj's ashrams in Delhi and Rajasthan and also named two male disciples of the godman in her complaint.
The Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) had recently demanded the godman's arrest.
In a statement, it asked the Delhi Police to give reason behind his non-arrest. It also asked the names and designations of the officers who approved the decision of not arresting Maharaj.
It is apparent prima facie that the investigative officers concerned colluded with the accused. It is essential that strict action is taken against such officers, the statement said.
Considering the gravity of the matter, please provide the above mentioned information and an action taken report latest by October 10.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Will Never Make Music with Nick Jonas
- Shah Rukh Khan, Jackie Chan, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Jason Momoa Come Together at Film Festival
- Post Wedding, Justin Bieber Gifts 'Wifey' Hailey Baldwin Adorable Hand-made Necklace
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- Karan Johar Addresses Whether Kareena, Alia Getting Paid Equally to Their Male Co-actors in Takht