What's the Secret of Your Beautiful Skin? Dalai Lama Says Won't 'Tell You'
Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama on Sunday said that he liked to keep the secret of his "beautiful skin" to himself.
File image of Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama. (Image: Getty Images)
Guwahati: Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama on Sunday said that he liked to keep the secret of his "beautiful skin" to himself.
On occasions, "people said to me that in spite of my old age, which is over 80, I look like 70 and ask (me) what is the secret. I say, that is my secret and I will not tell you," Dalai Lama said in jest, making the audience burst into peals of laughter.
"But the most important is peace of mind. Internal beauty is more important than external beauty," he said.
Dalai Lama was delivering a lecture on 'Ancient Indian Knowledge in Modern Times', when a question on the secret of his "beautiful skin" was put to him by the anchor woman "on behalf of all the ladies present" in the packed Gauhati University auditorium.
The Nobel Peace prize winner said that women should take more pro-active role in social life.
"Women should take more active role for human compassion. My first teacher was my mother, not anyone else. Females are biologically more stronger," he added.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra's Mother Responds to Reports of Actress' Wedding With Nick Jonas And She Didn't Deny
- 3000 Runs as Captain @ 83 - Virat Kohli Ticks Off Another Milestone
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Marvel's Wishy-Washy Feminism is Just a Gimmick to Make Box-Office Hits
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: From Royal Weddings to Casual Chic, There's No Look The Diva Can't Pull Off
- Hunger Haunts Jharkhand, But Govt Unable to Digest Bitter Truth of Starvation Deaths