'Why is UP Police Going Slow on Chinmayanand Case': Priyanka Gandhi Slams Yogi Adityanath Govt
The Congress leader further said that the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh through its 'antics has made it clear that it has nothing to do with women's security'.
File photo of Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi.
New Delhi: Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Friday attacked the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh over the Chinmayanand case, alleging that the Yogi Adityanath dispensation's "antics" have made it clear that it has "nothing to do with women's security".
BJP leader and former Union minister Swami Chinmayanand has been accused of sexually exploiting a law student.
"The BJP government in Uttar Pradesh, through its antics, has made it clear that it has nothing to do with women's security," Priyanka Gandhi said in a tweet in Hindi.
She asked why the state police has adopted a "lax approach" in dealing with the case.
"After all, why did the complainant girl had to come before the press to seek security? Why is the UP police going slow? Is it because the accused is from the BJP?" the Congress general secretary said.
Priyanka Gandhi also tagged a media report on why a rape case is not being registered by the UP police against the BJP leader.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- How PM Modi Overtook Donald Trump and Became the Second-Most Followed Leader on Social Media
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch