'Why is UP Police Going Slow on Chinmayanand Case': Priyanka Gandhi Slams Yogi Adityanath Govt
The Congress leader further said that the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh through its 'antics has made it clear that it has nothing to do with women's security'.
File photo of Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi.
New Delhi: Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Friday attacked the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh over the Chinmayanand case, alleging that the Yogi Adityanath dispensation's "antics" have made it clear that it has "nothing to do with women's security".
BJP leader and former Union minister Swami Chinmayanand has been accused of sexually exploiting a law student.
"The BJP government in Uttar Pradesh, through its antics, has made it clear that it has nothing to do with women's security," Priyanka Gandhi said in a tweet in Hindi.
She asked why the state police has adopted a "lax approach" in dealing with the case.
"After all, why did the complainant girl had to come before the press to seek security? Why is the UP police going slow? Is it because the accused is from the BJP?" the Congress general secretary said.
Priyanka Gandhi also tagged a media report on why a rape case is not being registered by the UP police against the BJP leader.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- NASA Captures Icy Mars Crater Over a Period of 6 Years, Here's What it Looks Like
- Odd Weather Forecast Predicts Fall of Iguanas from Trees as Temperature Drops in Florida
- FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Will Inspire Young Girls to Take up Football: Tournament Director Roma Khanna
- Thailand Masters: Indian Campaign Over on Day 1 as Saina, Srikanth, Sameer and Prannoy Lose in Round 1
- Udaipur Man Names his Son 'Congress', Hopes His Son Will Join the Party in the Future