Why PM Not Accepting My Suggestion of Holding Open Debate on CAA With 5 Critics, Asks P Chidambaram
Let five critics of CAA-NPR debate the PM. Let the event be televised live. And let the people draw their own conclusions, senior Congress leader P Chidambaram said on Twitter.
File photo of P Chidambaram. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader P Chidambaram on Tuesday asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi as to why he or his government did not accept his suggestion of the PM holding an open debate with five critics of the CAA and let people draw their own conclusion.
"I had suggested that the PM should select five of the most articulate critics and hold a Q&A session with them. Why doesn't the PM/Government accept the suggestion?
"Let five critics of CAA-NPR debate the PM. Let the event be televised live. And let the people draw their own conclusions," he said on Twitter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Old Video of Lion Playing in the Grass After Being Rescued from Circus is Breaking the Internet
- The One Where They Reunite: The 'FRIENDS' Reunion is Happening, and Fans Cannot Keep Calm
- Video of Sidharth Shukla Sweating it Out in Gym Post Bigg Boss 13 Goes Viral, Watch Here
- PUMA x FIRST MILE: Puma Have a New Sportswear Collection Made From Recycled Plastic
- Mentally Unsound Man Poses as Doctor, Prescribes Medicines to Patients in Madhya Pradesh