Will Wait for Final Judgment: BJP Says on SC's Interim Order in Electoral Bonds Case
The Supreme Court on Friday did not stop political funding through electoral bonds but brought several checks on it to bring transparency.
File Photo of BJP Spokesperson Nalin Kohli. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: The BJP on Friday said it will wait for the final judgment of the Supreme Court on electoral bonds and noted that the Union government has already placed its stand before the apex court.
"Whatever is the order of the Supreme Court, it has to be complied with and it is always complied with.
"As far as issues raised by the government is concerned, they have been placed before the court for its consideration. And we will await the final judgment," BJP spokesperson and Supreme Court lawyer Nalin Kohli said.
The Supreme Court Friday did not stop political funding through electoral bonds but brought several checks on it to bring transparency by directing all political parties to furnish receipts of amounts received and details of the identity of donors in a sealed cover to the Election Commission.
In an interim order, the apex court also directed all political parties to provide details of the amount of the bond and bank account of donors by May 30 to the poll panel.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Neha Kakkar Gets Emotional After Hearing Indian Idol Contestant's Story
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First