With Ram Jethmalani's Death, India Lost Great Intellectual, Patriot, Says Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
Noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani, who had handled several criminal cases including the Ninavati case and the 2G scam case, passed away at his Delhi residence on Sunday morning.
(File photo of Ram Jethmalani .)
New Delhi: Condoling the demise of veteran lawyer Ram Jethmalani, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said the country has lost a great intellectual and a patriot.
The noted jurist passed away on Sunday. He was 95.
"Deeply saddened to learn about the demise of Shri Ram Jethmalani ... one of the brilliant minds of Bharat. In his passing away the nation has lost a distinguished jurist, a great intellectual & a patriot, who was active till his last breath," the Vice President's secretariat tweeted.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius