Woman Alleges Rape by Rashtrapati Bhavan Employee
In her complain, the woman has alleged that she was taken to the staff quarters of the Rashtrapati Bhavan and raped.
Image for representation. (Network18 Creatives)
New Delhi: A woman was allegedly raped by a staffer of the Rashtrapati Bhavan who promised to marry her but later backtracked, police said Wednesday.
In her complaint, the woman alleged that the man allegedly established physical relationship with her, Deputy Commissioner of Police Madhur Verma said.
A case was registered at North Avenue police station on Tuesday and an investigation was taken up, he said.
The woman has alleged that she was taken to the staff quarters of the Rashtrapati Bhavan and raped. However, the DCP denied the claim and said the accused used to live in Kali Bari where the woman often visited him.
The accused has not been arrested yet, police said, adding they are verifying the allegations levelled against him.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- My Comment on Saif Ali Khan has been Misinterpreted, Says Kangana Ranaut
- Haunting Rendition of Faiz's 'Hum Dekhenge' with Tagore's 'Where Mind is Without Fear' Moves Twitter
- Street Dancer 3D Box Office Prediction: Remo D'Souza's Dance Film Might Wash Off Varun Dhawan's Kalank
- ISRO's VyomMitra Humanoid Robot Set For an Unmanned Trip Into Space: Watch Video
- WhatsApp Users, Dark Mode is Finally Rolling Out With Beta For Android: Here is How to Use it