Woman Alleges Rape by Rashtrapati Bhavan Employee
In her complain, the woman has alleged that she was taken to the staff quarters of the Rashtrapati Bhavan and raped.
Image for representation. (Network18 Creatives)
New Delhi: A woman was allegedly raped by a staffer of the Rashtrapati Bhavan who promised to marry her but later backtracked, police said Wednesday.
In her complaint, the woman alleged that the man allegedly established physical relationship with her, Deputy Commissioner of Police Madhur Verma said.
A case was registered at North Avenue police station on Tuesday and an investigation was taken up, he said.
The woman has alleged that she was taken to the staff quarters of the Rashtrapati Bhavan and raped. However, the DCP denied the claim and said the accused used to live in Kali Bari where the woman often visited him.
The accused has not been arrested yet, police said, adding they are verifying the allegations levelled against him.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tops World's Richest Actors List, Beats Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- Ashes 2019: Did Archer Mimic Smith's Unique Batting Style?