Woman Burnt Alive by In-laws over Dowry Demand in UP's Muzaffarnagar
A case has been registered against her husband Arvind Kumar, his father Mageram, mother Mandri and sister Suman. All of them are absconding.
Muzaffarnagar: A woman was allegedly burnt alive by her in-laws in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place in Haibatpur village under Charthawal police station on Friday, they said.
The woman was identified as Sonia, who was married to Arvind Kumar, they said.
A case has been registered against Kumar, his father Mageram, mother Mandri and sister Suman. All of them are absconding, Station House Officer Rajive Kumar said.
The deceased's body has been sent for post mortem, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Are Apps on Your iPhone Requesting For Bluetooth? iOS 13 Reveals The Secrets
- Scientists Just Created Picture of What Our Ancient Ancestor Looked Like Using DNA
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough