Woman Carrying 20 Grenades, Ammunition Arrested from Srinagar
The police had received a “reliable” input that an Overground Worker (OGW) was travelling from the northern district of Baramulla towards Srinagar city with the ammunition.
The vehicle and the bag containing grenades have been seized.
The police had received a “reliable” input that an Overground Worker (OGW) was travelling from the northern district of Baramulla towards Srinagar city with the ammunition. The police subsequently set up a check post near Lawaypora area, on the outskirts of Srinagar city, an official of the J&K police said.
#JammuAndKashmir: Srinagar police today arrested a female over-ground worker carrying ammunition including grenades and live rounds, during a search operation at a check-point in Lawaypora. Case registered, investigation initiated. pic.twitter.com/2QLL4u4IWf— ANI (@ANI) November 13, 2018
A vehicle was stopped for checking and the woman passenger was frisked. At least 20 grenades and a large cache of ammunition was allegedly recovered from her possession.
The vehicle and the bag containing grenades have been seized. The woman has been detained at the Women’s police station for further questioning.
A case has been filed and investigation is underway.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Titans Review: A Mix of Noir and Rib-cracking Action Makes this DC Show on Netflix Worth a Watch
- Paytm Republic Day Sale: Cashback on Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus and More
- Deepika Padukone Ranks Ahead of Shah Rukh, Salman Khan on Most Valued Indian Celebrity List
- Daughter Riddhima Shares Throwback Photos on Rishi and Neetu Kapoor's 39th Wedding Anniversary
- Samsung to Stop Making Flagship Phones in India, Protesting Phased Manufacturing Programme
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s