Woman Commits Suicide in Delhi's RK Puram, Family Alleges Dowry Harassment by In-laws
Based on the deceased's father's statement on reported dowry harassment, the woman's husband has been arrested.
Photo for representation only. (PTI)
New Delhi: A 22-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide after jumping from a building in southwest Delhi's RK Puram area, police said Tuesday.
Based on the deceased's father's statement on reported dowry harassment, the woman's husband has been arrested, they added.
Police received information on Monday from the trauma centre in AIIMS regarding admission of one Shalu, a resident of Mohammadpur village here, who was grievously injured after falling from a building, a senior police officer said.
The woman succumbed to injuries during treatment. Post-mortem was conducted and the body was handed over to the family, police said.
The deceased's father alleged dowry harassment on part of the victim's husband.
Police recorded the statement of Shalu's father, sister and brother-in-law on Tuesday.
Shalu married Ram Kumar, a resident of Mohammadpur village, on May 7, 2014.
The sub-divisional magistrate of Vasant Vihar was informed about the incident, officials said. Kumar has been arrested, police said, adding further details are awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius