Woman Dies After Coconut Tree Falls on her in Mumbai
Her neighbours told CNN-News18 that they had complained about falling branches to Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) but no action was taken.
Representative image. Photo: Reuters
Mumbai: A 58-year-old woman was killed after a coconut tree fell on her in Chembur while she was taking a morning walk on July 20.
The woman, Kanchan Nath, was rushed to a hospital, but she succumbed to the injuries on Saturday.
Nath’s society members told CNN-News18 that they had complained about falling branches to Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) but no action was taken.
The society is now contemplating filing a criminal case against the BMC. Sources told CNN-News18 that Nath’s husband also wants a case to be filed.
A BMC corporator told CNN-News18 that the corporation had audited the trees of the area only recently and had concluded that they didn’t need to be pruned.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius