Woman Gang-raped, Killed in Rajasthan, Case Registered Against Six People
The six people -- identified as Zahid, Naseem, Tahir, Amar Singh, Banno and Balu -- were booked after a complaint was lodged against them by the woman's father.
Illustration by Mir Suhail/News18.com
Jaipur: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped and killed in Rajasthan's Bharatpur district, police said on Tuesday. The woman's body was found hanged from a tree at Roshiaka village in the district on Monday, after which a case was registered against six people, they said.
Police said the woman's husband, a truck driver, was away from home when the incident took place.
The six people -- identified as Zahid, Naseem, Tahir, Amar Singh, Banno and Balu -- were booked after a complaint was lodged against them by the woman's father, Station House Officer (SHO) of Kaman police station Dharmesh Dayma said.
No arrest has been made so far in the case, he added. The woman's body was handed over to her family after post-mortem, the officer said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shehnaaz-Rashami Compete with Sidharth-Asim on Bigg Boss, Richa Sharma Shares Pics of Kapil Sharma's Baby
- Street Dancer 3D Box Office Prediction: Remo D'Souza's Dance Film Might Wash Off Varun Dhawan's Kalank
- WATCH | Zion Williamson Scores 17 Points in a Bit Over 3 Minutes on Much-awaited NBA Debut
- ISRO's VyomMitra Humanoid Robot Set For an Unmanned Trip Into Space: Watch Video
- Microsoft Accidentally Exposed Data of 250 Million Users; Why Aren't We Shocked Anymore?