Woman Held for Practising Black Magic, Injuring One in Kerala
A 37-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly performing black magic and injuring another woman near Nadapuram in the district, police said on Tuesday.
Image for representation.
Kozhikode: A 37-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly performing black magic and injuring another woman near Nadapuram in the district, police said on Tuesday.
The accused Najima was arrested and remanded to judicial custody on Monday, after the victim Shemina (27) of Vellayil, suffered 60 percent burns while practising black magic and admitted to a private hospital, Nadapuram they said.
Shemina reportedly told the police that a fire broke out in the room as Najima poured petrol into the "Homa Kundam," which the latter prepared as part of the ritual.
Based on a complaint, Najima was booked under sections 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons) and 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide).
The accused was produced before the Nadapuram Judicial I Class Magistrate court and remanded to 14 days judicial custody, police said.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor Hug Each Other, Dance to Ranveer Singh's Song from Simmba at an Event
- Metallica Just Announced its Reunion With SF Symphony After 20 Years and Fans Cannot Wait
- KIA Sportage First Drive Review – Understanding Upcoming KIA SP2i Compact SUV
- IPL 2019: Ganguly & Ponting Back Pant to be India's No. 4 at World Cup
- Xiaomi Redmi Go With Snapdragon 425, Android Go Launched for Rs 4,499
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s