Woman Kills Self after Husband Stops Her from Visiting Brother's Place on Raksha Bandhan
Meena Devi shot herself dead with a countrymade pistol at her residence in Tendawar village as she wanted to visit her brother's place on Raksha Bandhan.
Sitapur: A 30-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide in Sultanpur of Sitapur district on Thursday, police said.
Meena Devi shot herself dead with a countrymade pistol at her residence in Tendawar village after an argument with her husband Omendra Raidas, police said.
She wanted to visit her brother's place on Raksha Bandhan, police said.
According to members of the family, Raidas left home after the argument and the woman thrashed her two daughters, before sending them away. Later, she shot herself dead, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Kapoor Trolls Malaika Arora on New 'Saturday Blues' Instagram Post
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Shraddha Arya Suffers Head Injury While Performing on Nach Baliye 9, Actress Momentarily Blacks Out
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships