Woman, Lover Attempt Suicide After Killing Husband, Poison 2-year-old Daughter
Panvel police found out from their counterparts in Idukki district in Kerala that the woman and her lover had allegedly killed the woman's husband Rijosh on October 31.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: A day after a woman and her lover attempted suicide at a lodge in Navi Mumbai, which ended in the death of her two-year-old daughter, police have booked the duo for murder, an official said.
Liji Kurien (29) and Vahasim Abdul Kadir (35), residents of Kerala, tried to end their lives by consuming pesticides at a lodge in Panvel on Saturday.
"The woman's two-year-old daughter was also force fed pesticides. When lodge staff broke open the door, all three were lying unconscious. The child died later. The duo are in JJ Hospital," he said.
Through their identity cards, Panvel police found out from their counterparts in Idukki district in Kerala that the two had allegedly killed the woman's husband Rijosh on October 31.
"They escaped to Mumbai. They tried to kill themselves after realising police were closing in on them. Rijosh's brother Jijosh approached Panvel police and registered a case against the couple," he said. He said probe was underway and statements of Kurien and Kadir will be recorded when doctors treating them give the go-ahead.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Karanvir Bohra Supports Sidharth Shukla, Says Asim Shouldn't Have Pushed Him
- I-League 2019-20 Fixtures Announced: Full List of Matches
- Facebook Has Made a Meme App Called Whale, But What Exactly Would You do With it?
- Google Pixel's Call Screen Might Soon Start Screening Robocalls Automatically
- Ever Wondered How Old Your Dog Really Is? This Formula Could Help You Calculate Accurately