Woman Raped and Killed in Giridih District; Accused Villager Absconding
Prima facie the woman died following throttling and her husband has accused a villager of the crime, police said.
Giridih: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly raped and killed in Jharkhand's Giridih district, police said Tuesday. Sub-Divisional Police Officer of Khori-Mahua, Rajeev Kumar said the body of the woman was found on Tuesday morning at Kosogo-Nadodighi village under Deori police station and sent to Sadar hospital for autopsy.
Prima facie the woman died following throttling, the SDPO said. The husband of the woman has accused a villager of the crime, the SDPO said, adding that the accused is absconding.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Taking a Sneak Peek into 13 Reasons Why Season 3, Find Out Who Killed Bryce Walker?
- Party of Four on the Way: Lisa Haydon Announces Second Pregnancy with Adorable Post
- Hilarious 'Alag Alag' Memes from Ayushmann's 'Dream Girl' Trailer Bring Twitter Together
- A New Microchip Gives Obese People Electric Shocks Each Time They Think About Food
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it