Woman Raped by Priest Inside Temple Premises in Greater Noida
The incident took place in Dhoom Manikpur village in the Badalpur police station area on July 9.
Image for representation. (Photo: Reuters)
Noida: A woman was allegedly raped by the head priest inside a temple premises in a Greater Noida village, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place in Dhoom Manikpur village in the Badalpur police station area on July 9, they said.
According to the police complaint, the victim visited the temple with a woman relative, following which the priest called her into his room and raped her.
Greater Noida Deputy Superintendent of Police Avaneesh Kumar said a case was registered against the accused, identified as Swami Kanhaiya Nand, who absconded after the incident.
A probe was launched and efforts are underway to nab the accused, Kumar said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers