Woman Shot Dead by Brother in Suspected Case of Honour Killing in Bareilly
Mohini and Ram got married in April 2018 against the wishes of their families. They had left the village after their marriage but returned later.
Image for representation only.
Bareilly (UP): A 19-year-old woman was killed and her husband seriously injured on Thursday in a suspected case of 'honour killing' in Uttar Pradesh's Bareilly district, police said.
The incident took place in Bareilly's Karua Sahebganj village under Kyoladiya police station area, they said.
The woman's brother, Gulsher, allegedly shot at the couple this morning. Mohini died on the spot, while her husband, Ram Kishore Baretha, was seriously injured and rushed to a hospital, the police said.
Mohini and Ram got married in April 2018 against the wishes of their families. They had left the village after their marriage but returned later, they said.
An FIR has been registered against Gulsher and efforts are on to arrest him, Superintendent of Police (rural) Sansar Singh said.
Mohini's body has been sent for a post-mortem examination, he said.
Recommended For You
- This is How England Just United Pakistan and India Cricket Fans in World Cup
- Article 15 Movie Review: Ayushmann Khurrana and Anubhav Sinha Hold Up a Mirror to Modern India
- KGF Star Yash and Wife Radhika Pandit Announce Their Second Pregnancy With an Adorable Video
- Thank You Facebook, For Ruining The Instagram Experience: More Adverts Are on The Way
- India vs West Indies | Gayle - Jovial and Fun-loving Everywhere, Firm With Youngsters
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s