Woman Shot Dead, Minor Boy Injured as Suspected Militants Open Fire in J&K's Pulwama
The woman was declared brought dead to hospital while the youth is in critical condition.
Mourners gather outside the victim’s house in Narbal village of Kakapora in Pulwama district.
Srinagar: Suspected militants shot and killed a woman and injured a minor boy on Wednesday in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district, police sources said.
The woman identified as Nigeena was critically wounded in the shooting in Narbal village of Kakapora area.
"Shifted to a hospital, she was declared dead on arrival by the doctors. A minor boy also sustained injuries in the attack. He is being treated," a source said. Search was underway to nab the gunmen.
Meanwhile, clashes between protestors and security forces were reported after Eid prayers in Sopore in north Kashmir and Anantnag in south Kashmir.
In Nowhatta area of the city, masked protestors reportedly held banners in support of banned Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar and slain militant commander Zakir Musa. However, police officials said they are verifying the veracity of these reports.
Jammu and Kashmir: Stones pelted at security forces near Jamia Masjid in Srinagar; and posters supporting terrorist Zakir Musa and UN designated terrorist Masood Azhar seen in the area. pic.twitter.com/qu7uea90YO— ANI (@ANI) June 5, 2019
Recommended For You
- David Dhawan Slaps Son Varun in this Fun Father's Day Video
- 18 Years of Lagaan: Aamir Khan Shares Emotional Post and Thanks Ashutosh Gowarikar
- Fact Check: Did ‘Game of Thrones’ Copy Arya Stark Slaying the Night King Sequence from an Indian Show?
- Ranveer Singh Wishes 'Papa' on Father's Day 2019 with a Throwback Picture and Millennial Hashtags
- Haryana Roadways Tried to Kill Me: Shooting Sensation Manu Bhaker Posts Photo of Accident
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s