Woman Thrashed on Suspicion of Child theft in UP, 9 Arrested
"The incident took place on Saturday evening in Raheli village, when villagers caught a woman hiding in a sugarcane field," Police said.
Image for representation purpose only.
Gonda: Nine persons have been arrested for allegedly thrashing a woman suspecting her to a child lifter, police said on Sunday.
Additional Superintendent of Police Mahendra Kumar said, "The incident took place on Saturday evening in Raheli village, when villagers caught a woman hiding in a sugarcane field."
Suspecting that the woman was there to steal children, they tied her to a tree and beat her up, Kumar added.
During questioning, it came to light that she is a resident of Shahpur village. The officer said that on the complaint registered by the father of the woman, a case has been registered against the nine persons.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- These 11 Memes Prove Why Masakali 2.0 Won't be Internet's Favourite WFH Anthem
- Social Distancing, Babysitting, Air-drying Shirts – Who All Make India Quarantine XI?
- Ali Fazal Shares Video Addressing Islamophobia with Poem Remembering Muslim Icons
- Kerala Police Uses Ravi Shastri's 'Tracer Bullet' Commentary to Remind They Are Watching You
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Review: This is The Android Superphone You Were Waiting For