Woman, Three Children Killed in Bihar Over Land Dispute
No arrest has been made in the incident so far.
Araria: A woman and her three children were killed on Thursday night by slitting their throats in Araria district of Bihar, a police official said on Friday. Prima facie it seems a matter of land dispute, he said.
According to the police, Alam was living in Madhopada village with his wife Tabassum (30), daughter Alia (6) and sons Sameer (4) and Shabbir (8). On Thursday night, when Alam went for defecation, some people entered his house and killed his whole family by slitting their throats.
By the time neighbours reached there after hearing the screams, the accused managed to escape from the broken window of the house.
Deputy Superintendent of Police K.D. Singh said: "Alam has alleged that the reason behind the incident is land dispute. He has also registered a complaint naming four people of the village as accused."
However, Alam's role also seems suspicious in the incident, said Singh. No arrest has been made in the incident so far.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan to Announce Two Films on His 54th Birthday?
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro