Woman, Toddler Son-Daughter Die in Tree Collapse in Maharashtra
Police said the tree's foundation possibly got weakened due to rain and storm. It fell on the tin-roof house inflicting grievous injuries on the woman and her two children.
Buldhana: A 28-year-old woman and her two children were killed on Saturday after a neem tree collapsed on their tin-roofed home in Maharashtra's Buldhana district,
The incident happened at 7:15pm in Anand Nagar locality in the Ghatpuri area of Khamgaon taluka here, an official said. Inspector Ravindra Deshmukh of Shivaji Nagar police station identified the victims as Shradha Gunvant Hiradar, her three-year-old daughter Shruti and two-year-old son Rishikesh.
"The tree's foundation possibly got weakened due to rain and storm prevailing here. It fell on the tin-roof house inflicting grievous injuries on the woman and her two children. They were declared dead on arrival at Khamgaon sub-district hospital," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Having Multiple Husbands May Be a 'Wise Strategy' For Women, Claims Study
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead