Woman Voter Dies in Chhattisgarh While Standing in Queue
The woman, Anjela Toppo, was waiting for her turn to exercise her franchise at polling booth no.3 in police line area in the Raigarh district headquarter when she collapsed.
Image for representation. (Photo: Reuters)
Raigarh: A 46-year-old tribal woman collapsed Tuesday while standing in a queue to cast her vote in Raigarh Lok Sabha constituency in Chhattisgarh and later died at hospital, police said.
The woman, Anjela Toppo, was waiting for her turn to exercise her franchise at polling booth no.3 in police line area in the Raigarh district headquarter when she collapsed, said Raigarh Additional Superintendent of Police Abhishek Verma.
Toppo was rushed in a police vehicle to district hospital where she died during treatment, he said. Her husband Ranjeet Toppo works as a head constable in traffic police department in Raigarh.
"Her family members said she was unwell for quite some time which could be the reason for her death," the police officer said, adding that the exact cause of the death is yet to be ascertained.
Voting is underway in Raigarh (ST) and six other Lok Sabha constituencies in the third and final phase in the state.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station