Woman Who Went to Field to Relieve Herself Gangraped in UP's Shamli
The police said that the men dragged her to a sugarcane field and took turns to rape her adding that the victim was also beaten up when she tried to resist.
Muzaffarnagar: A 30-year-old Dalit woman was allegedly gang raped and beaten up by four men at Ahata Gos Garh village in Shamli district here, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Thursday when the woman had gone to the fields to relieve herself.
The men dragged her to a sugarcane field and took turns to rape her, they said, adding that the victim was also beaten up when she tried to resist.
Three of the accused have been identified as Sachin, Sosing and Rohit while the third man is yet to be identified, said Sandeep Balyan, SHO, Thanabhawan police station, adding that all accused are absconding.
A case has been registered under relevant statutory sections following a complaint by the victim's husband, he said. The victim has been sent for a medical examination, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shraddha Kapoor Shares Adorable Throwback Picture of Parents on Their Wedding Anniversary
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay's Sonyaa Ayodhya Marries Harsh Samorre, Erica Fernandes, Harsh Rajput in Attendance
- BWF World Tour Finals 2019: PV Sindhu Ends Campaign With Win Over He Bingjiao
- Akshay Kumar Pleases Twinkle Khanna by Gifting Her Pair of ‘Onion Earrings’ from Kapil Sharma Show
- Airtel Users Can Make Voice Calls on Wi-Fi But You Need Airtel Xstream Broadband