Charred Body of Woman, Suspected to Have Been Shot Dead, Found Under Cot in UP's Bijnor
Prima facie, the woman was probably shot dead in the orchard and then the body was burnt along with the charpoy so the victim could not be identified, police said.
Bijnor (UP): The charred body of a 28-year-old woman was found at a village in Uttar Pradesh's Bijnor district, police said on Saturday.
The body was found under a charpoy in an orchard in Gajraula Shiv village on Friday, the police said.
Prima facie, the woman was probably shot dead in the orchard and then the body was burnt along with the charpoy so the victim could not be identified, according to Bijnor police station incharge Ramesh Chandra Sharma.
The woman was wearing gold earrings and a bangle, the officer said.
The body could not be identified yet. The exact cause of death and whether the woman was sexual assaulted will be ascertained after a post-mortem, the officer added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Hyundai Venue Beats Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to Become Best-Selling Compact SUV in India
- 'This is Hope': Indians Take to Twitter to Show Off Their Diyas For #9pm9minutes Solidarity
- Vijay Owns the Floor with Killer Dance Moves at 'Master' Promotions, Watch Video
- Kareena Kapoor Flaunts Handmade Jewellery Designed by Taimur Ali Khan, See Pic
- Apple iPhone 11 Now Reportedly Cheaper by Rs 17,000 in China — Will India Follow Suit?