Women Among Six Injured in Inter-caste Clash Over Facebook Post in Jewar, 7 Detained
The FIR has been registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code.
Noida (UP): Six people, including women, were injured and seven detained after an inter-caste clash broke out at a village near Greater Noida, police said Monday.
The incident occurred around 11 pm on Sunday when people from one community attacked the houses of the other in Chauroli village of Jewar, they said.
"The clash was triggered following a Facebook post by a member of one community, which was deemed offensive by the others," Senior Superintendent of Police Gautam Buddh Nagar Vaibhav Krishna said.
"Sticks and batons were used by members of one side who barged into the houses of the other last night and indulged in vandalism. They also broke windshields and windows of some vehicles parked outside houses in the village," Krishna said.
"FIRs have been registered at the Jewar police station and probe taken up. Some of the accused have been taken in custody for the violence and further probe is underway," he added.
According to officials, seven of the accused have been detained so far, while 14-15 people had launched the attack on Sunday night.
The FIR has been registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, the officials said
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Panga Vs Street Dancer 3D Box Office Collection Day 2: Word of Mouth Works in Favour of Kangana Ranaut's Film
- Bigg Boss 13: Who Will Get Evicted from the House This Week? Vote Here
- PUBG Mobile: Exclusive Maserati Ghibli Skin For Dacia Spotted
- German Woman in 'Relationship' With Plane for 6 Years, Plans to 'Marry' Boeing 737-800
- Australian Open 2020 Day 7 HIGHLIGHTS: Federer Joins Djokovic, Barty in Quarter-finals