Women Can't Enter Any Place of Worship While Menstruating: Kerala Congress Chief
Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee acting president M M Hassan said that women are impure during menstruation and they should not enter any place of worship during that time.
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee acting president M M Hassan said that women are impure during menstruation and they should not enter any place of worship during that time.
Haasan made the comments on Monday while speaking at a media camp organized by the youth welfare board. The participants of the camp were media students.
The students reacted to statement and asked him what he thought impure? Blood or the organ it came from?
They further said that if Hassan thought both are impure then he also consider himself as impure as the came from the same organ and blood.
Hassan was recently appointed interim President of the KPCC following the resignation of V M Sudheeran.
Hassan also claimed that his statement had been distorted by a section of media.
"My remark about impurity is not my opinion..I only said (about) the social condition prevailing in the society", he told reporters.
"Whether I am supporting it or not is not the point. It is the social situation," Hassan said adding "political parties cannot change the customs and traditions of religions."
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- Alyque Padamsee, Ad Man & Thespian, Passes Away at 90; PM Modi and Nation Mourn
- This Country Has the Least Number of Toilets in the World, and It's Not India
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan Revealed at Guangzhou International Automobile Exhibition
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Turbo Review: Racing Stripe on a Running Shoe is Just The Start of Awesomeness
- Here's Everything About the Food Served at Deepika & Ranveer's Konkani-Sindhi Wedding