Women Toilets Will Be Painted Pink in North Delhi
Toilets, exclusively for women, have been developed, especially in market areas, NDMC mayor Preety Agarwal said, adding the step would prove to be a milestone in the Swachh Bharat Mission.
New Delhi: Buildings of all public toilet blocks, to be developed for women in areas under the north corporation, will be painted pink as the colour symbolises them, NDMC mayor Preety Agarwal said on Sunday.
"Twenty two women toilet blocks in areas under the jurisdiction of the North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) have been painted with pink colour for convenience of women," she said.
The mayor said seven toilets in Keshavpuram Zone, one in Karol Bagh Zone, one in Rohini, 10 in City-Sadar Paharganj Zone and three in Narela Zone have been painted in that colour and the number of blocks would be increased.
"The decision to paint women toilet blocks in pink colour was taken as this colour symbolises women. All women toilets to be developed by the NDMC in future will be pink in colour," Agarwal said.
Toilets, exclusively for women, have been developed, especially in market areas, she said, adding the step would prove to be a milestone in the Swachh Bharat Mission.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'And the Oscar Goes to...': Lazy Horse Acts Dead Every Time Someone Tries to Ride it
- Salman Khan's Dabangg 3 Trailer to be Attached with Akshay Kumar's Housefull 4
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Can you Spot the Snake Hiding in Plain Sight in This Viral Photo from Australia?