Workers Laid Off on Refusing to Accept Salary in Old Notes
Workers employed by a builder on Wednesday complained to police that their services were terminated after they refused to accept the salary in demonetised currency notes.
Representational Image (REUTERS)
Greater Noida: Workers employed by a builder on Wednesday complained to police that their services were terminated after they refused to accept the salary in demonetised currency notes.
"On complaint of the workers, the builder has been called for questioning. If any illegality is found, action will be taken against him. Also, efforts will be made so that workers get salary through cheques," DSP Arvind Yadav said.
They also held a protest outside the builder's office.
A worker, Shesh Kumar, alleged, "The salary for October was paid in old currency notes which was accepted by the workers. Now, the builder is pressurizing us to accept November's salary and that for December in advance in old currency notes."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On Sanya Malhotra's Birthday, Daniel Radcliffe Wishes Her
- How a YouTube Star Tricked Her Followers into Believing She Was on a Luxurious Vacation in Bali
- Anup Jalota Makes Fiery Remarks Against Paras Chhabra Over His Possible Marriage with Jasleen Matharu
- Chris Hemsworth Delivers Iconic 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Dialogue, Wins Hearts of Indian Fans
- 'Don't Mess with Aunty National': Smriti Irani Wins Trump Meme Battle with Epic Response