Yashwant Sinha, Arun Shourie, Prashant Bhushan Move SC Seeking FIR in Rafale Deal
The three have sought a direction to the CBI to probe the offences disclosed in their complaint in a 'time-bound' manner and submit periodic status reports to the apex court.
File image of protests against the Rafale deal. (PTI photo)
New Delhi: Former Union ministers Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie and activist-lawyer Prashant Bhushan moved the Supreme Court on Wednesday, seeking registration of an FIR into the Rafale fighter jet deal between India and France alleging "criminal misconduct" by high public functionaries.
They have sought a direction to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to probe the offences disclosed in their complaint in a "time-bound" manner and submit periodic status reports to the apex court.
The complaint was filed on October 4 with the CBI after their meeting with CBI Director Alok Kumar Verma, who was late on Tuesday directed by the Centre to proceed on leave in the wake of feud with second-in-command in agency Rakesh Asthana.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface, See Here
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it