Yogi Adityanath Offers Gold Crown Weighing 2.5 Kg to Lord Hanuman
The Uttar Pradesh CM was visiting the holy site on Sunday to attend an event to mark the death anniversary of Swami Kalyan Dev.
File photo of Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath. (PTI)
Muzaffarnagar: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has offered a gold crown weighing 2.5 kg to Lord Hanuman during his visit to Shukratal in the district. He was visiting the holy site on Sunday to attend an event to mark the death anniversary of Swami Kalyan Dev.
A 75-feet-tall statue of Lord Hanuman is located in Shukratal, which is on the banks of river Ganga. Adityanath also laid foundation stones of several development schemes worth Rs 10 crore in the area.
Last year, the chief minister had stirred up a row by calling Lord Hanuman a Dalit during an election rally ahead of the state polls in Rajasthan.
"Lord Hanuman was a forest dweller, deprived and a Dalit. Bajrang Bali worked to connect all Indian communities together, from north to south and east to west," he had said in Malakheda area of Alwar district.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes