Yogi Adityanath Plans to Organise Mass Weddings for Poor Muslim Girls
The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh is planning to organise mass weddings for poor Muslim girls in the state.
File photo of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath/Reuters
Lucknow: The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh is planning to organise mass weddings for poor Muslim girls in the state.
"Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has given his consent to mass weddings of poor girls belonging to minority communitiesand we have included it in the 100 days' programme of the state government," Minister of State for Minorities Affairs Mohsin Raza said told.
Muslims account for nearly 20 per cent of the state's population and a lion's share of the scheme will go to girls from that community.
A proposal for the same is being prepared, the MoS said, adding that besides extending monetary assistance of Rs 20,000 to each girl, the government will bear other expenses for the mass wedding.
He said the idea of mass weddings for girls from minority communities, which would also include Sikhs and Christians, has come from the chief minister himself.
Recommended For You
- First Pictures of Shweta Bachchan Nanda's Screen Debut With Father Big B Will Melt Your Hearts
- Ravindra Jadeja's Wife Riva Solanki Attacked by Police Constable in Jamnagar, Say Reports
- Bigg Boss: When Does Season 12 Premiere, Is Salman Khan Returning to Hosting Duties?
- Royal Wedding Guests Cash in On Official Goody Bag, Bid Reaches 50,000 Pounds
- Samsung Galaxy J6 First Impressions Review: Samsung's Premium Features in a Budget