Yogi Adityanath Plans to Organise Mass Weddings for Poor Muslim Girls
The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh is planning to organise mass weddings for poor Muslim girls in the state.
File photo of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath/Reuters
Lucknow: The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh is planning to organise mass weddings for poor Muslim girls in the state.
"Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has given his consent to mass weddings of poor girls belonging to minority communitiesand we have included it in the 100 days' programme of the state government," Minister of State for Minorities Affairs Mohsin Raza said told.
Muslims account for nearly 20 per cent of the state's population and a lion's share of the scheme will go to girls from that community.
A proposal for the same is being prepared, the MoS said, adding that besides extending monetary assistance of Rs 20,000 to each girl, the government will bear other expenses for the mass wedding.
He said the idea of mass weddings for girls from minority communities, which would also include Sikhs and Christians, has come from the chief minister himself.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- JLF 2019 LIVE Blog: Curtain Raises on Kumbh of Literature as Festival Opens for Business
- This Company Sells Used, Snot-Filled Tissues For Rs 5700 and It's Sick. Literally.
- Karan Johar on Hardik Pandya Controversy: I Feel Responsible Because It Was My Show
- Black Panther Creates History, Becomes First Superhero Film to Get Best Picture Oscar Nomination
- New 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Launched in India for Rs 4.19 Lakh, Gets 7 Variants
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s