Yogi Adityanath to Monitor Crime Through Special Cell
A special cell to monitor crime will be set up in Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's office and will be personally overseen by him, the state's Energy Minister Shrikant Sharma said on Friday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yodi Adityanath. (Photo: Reuters)
Ballia: A special cell to monitor crime will be set up in Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's office and will be personally overseen by him, the state's Energy Minister Shrikant Sharma said on Friday.
Referring to the Samajwadi Party's (SP) criticism of the law and order situation in the BJP regime, he said, "Those SP leaders, who have carried criminals and rapists with them in their cars should introspect."
Discussing the caste-based unrest in Saharanpur, Sharma said law and order was a serious issue and "many things have to be worked out".
Questioned about party legislator Radha Mohan Das Agarwal's spat with a woman IPS officer in Gorakhpur, the minister said the chief minister had asked all MLAs to exercise restraint while dealing with officers, "especially women".
He, however, defended the MLA saying that people in Gorakhpur had complained about the police officer's "tough actions".
The incident took place in Gorakhpur last week when the police officer, leading a team to evict protesters, was publicly admonished by Agarwal.
Recommended For You
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Turns into a Glamorous 'Star Traveller' for a Magazine Cover
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Review: Doffing The Hat to McLaren Inspiration
- Microsoft Surface Go is Coming Soon to India, Will be Available Exclusively on Flipkart
- PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to be Released on 20 December 2018: Watch Video
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: Motorcycle Of The Year
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s