Yogi Govt Orders Complete Ban on Polythene in UP From July 15, Third Such Order Since 2015
CM Yogi said that all urban bodies should prepare their work plan as polythene should be banned everywhere.
Image for representation.
Speaking on the occasion of inauguration ceremony of the new building of the Local Body Directorate located at Shaheed Path in Lucknow, CM Yogi said that all urban bodies should prepare their work plan as polythene should be banned everywhere.
Recently, the UP Cabinet also approved the solid waste management policy, according to which the use of thin polythene less than 50 microns will be restricted. Post this, the CM asked the urban bodies to restrict the use of polythene under the same policy.
According to the policy, a fine of up to Rs 50,000 may be imposed on people found violating the rules.
The CM appealed to the people not to use plastic at “any level”.
हमने 15 जुलाई से पूरे प्रदेश में प्लास्टिक को प्रतिबंधित करने का फैसला लिया है। मैं आह्वान करता हूं कि 15 जुलाई के बाद प्लास्टिक के कप, ग्लास और पॉलिथीन का इस्तेमाल किसी भी स्तर पर न हो। इसमें आप सभी की सहभागिता जरूरी होगी: #UPCM श्री #YogiAdityanath pic.twitter.com/z6JzEmk38C— CM Office, GoUP (@CMOfficeUP) July 6, 2018
“We have decided to ban plastic in the entire state from July 15th. I appeal to you all not to use plastic cups, glass or polythene at any level. Your participation is needed in this,” said Yogi.
In the year 2015, under the then CM Akhilesh Yadav, polythene and products less than 20 microns were banned in the state under environment protection act.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli are Giving Us Major Relationship Goals; See Their PDA Pics
- England Lions Hammer India 'A' by 254 Runs in One-off Unofficial Test
- Five Ball Overs, Option to Bowl Two Consecutive Overs New Innovations in 'The Hundred'
- Munna Bhai 3: After Playing Sanjay Dutt in Sanju, Ranbir Kapoor to Replace Arshad Warsi as Circuit?
- I'm Proud to be Identified As Shahid Kapoor's Brother, There is No Shame in It: Ishaan Khatter