Youth Arrested for Raping Five-year-old Neighbour in Thane
The accused, Deepesh Sutar, an employee of a courier company, lived in the same chawl as the victim at Lokmanya Nagar Pada no. 2, a senior inspector of Vartak Nagar police station said.
Thane: A 24-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly raping his five-year-old neighbour in Maharashtra's Thane city, police said.
The accused, Deepesh Sutar, an employee of a courier company, lived in the same chawl as the victim at Lokmanya Nagar Pada no. 2, senior inspector SB Gaikwad of Vartak Nagar police station said.
The incident took place at around 6pm on Sunday, when Sutar lured the victim to his house and sexually abused her when no one was around, he said.
The child, who was in extreme pain, rushed home and confided in her mother, who lodged a complaint with the police, the official said.
The minor was sent for a medical check-up, after which the police confirmed the rape and arrested the accused, he added.
A case has been registered against Sutar under Section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code and provisions of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Leaked Pics from The Batman Sets Reveal First Look at Batsuit, Batcycle and Catwoman
- Mentalhood Teaser Out, Karisma Kapoor Shares the 'Madness in a Mom's Life'
- India vs Australia, FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: Australia Edge India 4-3
- Ahead of Festival, Indian-American Entrepreneur Launches 'Holi Ghee' to Pay Homage to Desi Sweets
- Reebok Zig Kinetica Review: When Inspiration From The Past Makes it All Worthwhile