Youth Gets 3 Years in Jail for Stalking 16-year-old girl in Maharashtra's Akola District
The incident took place in August 2015, following which a case was registered at Telhara police station in the district on the basis of a complaint lodged by the girl. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 on the accused.
Akola: A 21-year-old man was on Saturday sentenced to three years in prison for stalking a 16-year-old girl in Maharashtra's Akola district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge S A Shrikhande held Shahbaz Shah guilty under sections 354 D (stalking) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, assistant public prosecutor G L Ingole said. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 on Shah, he said.
The incident took place in August 2015, following which a case was registered at Telhara police station in the district on the basis of a complaint lodged by the girl, Ingole said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arti Singh Says Krushna Abhishek was Upset with Her for Talking About Attempted Rape on Bigg Boss 13
- UK is Investing Billions in Supercomputers, For Weather, Storm Prediction, AI And More
- Air India Offering Discounted Flight Tickets at Just Rs 799, International Airfare at Rs 4,500
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Sale 2020: iPhone XS at Rs 54,999, Pixel 3a at Rs 27,999
- Coronavirus Not Virus But an 'Avatar' to Punish Non-vegetarians: Hindu Mahasabha