Youth Gets 3 Years in Jail for Stalking 16-year-old girl in Maharashtra's Akola District
The incident took place in August 2015, following which a case was registered at Telhara police station in the district on the basis of a complaint lodged by the girl. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 on the accused.
Akola: A 21-year-old man was on Saturday sentenced to three years in prison for stalking a 16-year-old girl in Maharashtra's Akola district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge S A Shrikhande held Shahbaz Shah guilty under sections 354 D (stalking) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, assistant public prosecutor G L Ingole said. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 2,000 on Shah, he said.
The incident took place in August 2015, following which a case was registered at Telhara police station in the district on the basis of a complaint lodged by the girl, Ingole said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Kapoor Trolls Malaika Arora on New 'Saturday Blues' Instagram Post
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead