Youth Killed as Security Forces Open Fire at Stone-pelters in Srinagar
A youth was killed in Srinagar after security forces opened fire at protesters on Saturday.
Kashmiri protesters throw stones at security forces. (Image for representation only. Picture courtesy: Getty images)
Srinagar: A youth was killed in Srinagar after security forces opened fire at protesters on Saturday.
Police sources said a youth identified as Sajad Ahmad, a resident of Tangmarg area in north Kashmir Baramulla district, was killed when security forces fired at stone pelters in Batmaloo area of the city.
Reports said a vehicle of the paramilitary forces was attacked by stone pelters in the area after which the security forces fired at them, resulting in the death of the youth.
Over two dozen students injured in clashes
Over two dozen students were injured in clashes with the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama town on Saturday, police said.
Students of a local college objected to the setting up of a 'Naka' (checkpost) outside the college and engaged in stone-pelting at the security forces, police said.
Security forces used tear smoke shells to disperse the protesting students who kept on re-grouping to engage the security forces in pitched clashes.
Reports from the town said around two dozens students including some girls were injured in these clashes.
One of the protesting students was hit on the head by a tear smoke canister and has been shifted to Srinagar city for treatment.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Visit to Rohingya Refugee Camp Draws Flak From Trolls, Fans Rush To the Rescue
- Underarm Serve the Way to Stop Rafael Nadal? When all Else Fails, Why Not?
- Tendulkar's Message for Ab de Villiers After Retirement Announcement
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy The OnePlus 6 Over Apple iPhone X
- What Is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), That's Got The World Talking About Europe?