Youth Lies on Metro Platform in Delhi's New Ashok Nagar, Killed After Train Smashes Head
The man, identified as Amit Soni, a resident of Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, laid down on the platform, with his head and shoulders sticking out towards the track, when he saw the train approaching, officials said.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: In a suspected suicide bid, a man in his early 20s died after an approaching train smashed his head while he lay on the platform at New Ashok Nagar metro station here on Tuesday, police said.
The man, identified as Amit Soni, a resident of Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, laid down on the platform, with his head and shoulders sticking out towards the track, when he saw the train approaching, they said.
The train hit his head and he sustained serious injuries. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, the police said, adding that no suicide note was recovered.
Soni's family is being informed and inquest proceedings are on, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- It's 3 Idiots Reunion as Mona Singh Joins Aamir Khan-Kareena Kapoor Starrer Laal Singh Chaddha
- Kerala MLA Asked Locals to Gift Him Books, Now He's Donating Them to School Libraries
- Not Thinking About Revenge against Oman in FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Sunil Chhetri
- Internet's Favourite Singer to Trolls' Easiest Target: Can We Leave Ranu Mondal Alone?
- From Jadon Sancho to Erling Haaland, 8 Players Manchester United Want to Sign