There is a nip in the air and what better time than this to indulge in a dish filled with yummy warm dumplings? Going out can be a hassle on weekdays, so what if we told you that we have the perfect dumpling recipes for you to try out at home? Yes, you heard that right- We have got you covered for all the lazy days when you want to treat yourself to something fancy but cannot seem to venture out and for all the house parties where everybody wants you to treat them to something new. Trust us when we say, these recipes will leave you and your guests wanting for more.
Vegetable Crystal dumplings By Chef Harihar Biswal Of China Bistro
- Small cube water chestnut - 50 gm
- Small cube asparagus - 35 gm
- Small cube carrot - 35 gm
- Black Fungus - 30 gm
- Chopped Ginger - 5 gm
- Chopped Chilli - 3 gm
- Mix 100 gm of potato starch with hot water and make a dough.
- Now cut this piecewise into a round disc about 3 to 3 and a half inches in diameter.
- And add stuffing of water chestnut, asparagus, carrot, & black fungus and steam it.
Top Showsha Video
Sriracha Chicken Dimsums By Chef Subhadeep Roy of Warehouse Cafe
- 150 gms chicken minced
- 5 gms salt
- 5 ml sesame oil
- 2.5 gms white pepper powder,
- Coriander roots 5gm, 10 gms garlic,20 gm butter10 gms brown garlic 5 gms
- sesame oil 2 drops
- Sriracha sauce 45gms
- Red chilli paste 10gms
- Ginger juice 5ml
- For skin: potato starch 35gms gms wheat starch 35gms
- Mix all the ingredients properly & keep in the fridge for minimum 30minits
- For skin, add cold water, carrots juice with potato starch 50gm and 35 gm of wheat starch, and mix.
- Add hot water to the mixture and stir till it thickens.
- Add potato starch till it gets tight.
- Make a roll and cut it into small balls adding wheat starch over the ball.
- Then roll the balls in a flat and round shape with a roller and add the chicken mixture & giving a perfect shape then store in the fridge for 20 minutes at least.
- Then steam into the dim sum steamer (high flame).
- Serve with chilli garlic dip.
Truffle Cheese Dimsums By Chef Shakeel Akhtar of Tipsy Tiger
- 3ml Truffle Oil
- 80gms of wheat starch
- 60gms of potato starch
- 100gms of cream cheese
- 2gms of salt
- 3gms of sugar
- 5gms of aromatic powder
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese so it is completely smooth.
- Add the salt & pepper to the bowl.
- Mix it well together with a spatula.
- Add 2 drops of truffle oil and mix well.
Place the mixture in a dumpling wrapper and fold.
- Boil some water in a steamer.
- Place the dumplings in a steamer. Do not overcrowd it.
- And steam for 3-6 minutes till completely cooked. Time depends on the steamer and the size of the dumplings.
- Check to see if they are done after 3-4 minutes of steaming. They should be translucent and glossy with no opaque spots.
- Serve with a chilli garlic dip, black bean dip, and coriander dip.