5 Tips To Get The Denim Look Right
If you are someone who is crazy about denims and loves to wear a denim-on-denim style, make sure you throw in some pop colour to it or wear a simple, light coloured cotton blazer with it!
Image: Reuters Pictures
New Delhi: Ultra-skinny jeans paired with long slit tops and block-heeled booties or a wide leg, high-waist one teamed up with crop tops and pointed heels, denims can complement any look. You just need to find the right fit and style, says an expert. Bhavya Chawla, Chief Stylist of a fashion app for women, suggests how:
* Spot the fabric carefully: It's time to stop wearing denims that are stretchable and have legging-like fits as we have had too much of them this winter. Instead, with the summer season approaching, pick rigid and vintage-inspired denims that can give you the old-school feel.
* Go easy with the hems: Most people agree that slim-cut jeans are the hot favourite for every body type, but this season is not about restrictive ankle cuts. If you are willing to make a style impact, go for wider and breezier hems. From ultra-wide legs, cropped flares to the 1970s' bell-bottoms and boot-cut shapes, the choices are enough to make you turn your back towards the shelves housing ankle-strangling fits.
* Figure out the wash of the fabric: If easy distressing denims were your thing, it's time to get over with them as white, ivory and sand-coloured jeans are here to stay now. Make a faded pair for yourself or go for a deeper, darker wash. You can experiment with a faded pair of jeans in shades of white, off-white, or an earthy tan hue. These neutral-coloured denims can be paired with everything in your closet, whether it is an oversized olive coloured sweater or with a crisp white shirt for a brunch.
* Grab those oversized all-season denim jackets to save your days: They can glam up any plain dress within seconds.
* Dress up your denim-on-denim look: If you are someone who is crazy about denims and loves to wear a denim-on-denim style, make sure you throw in some pop colour to it or wear a simple, light coloured cotton blazer with it. Also, it will be a smart move if you avoid wearing a top and a bottom of the same shade or wash. In fact, take it as a strict no-no. Further, you must not eye those denim shoes or any other denim accessories to pair with this look.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Vidya Balan Can’t Stop Gushing About Meeting Hillary Clinton at Isha Ambani’s Sangeet, See Pic
- Saira Banu to Ring in Dilip Kumar’s 96th Birthday Amid Family and Friends
- Could Chinese Court Order Against iPhones Push Apple And Qualcomm Closer to a Settlement?
- Tomb Raiders: Egypt Investigating Couple Filmed Naked On Top of Giza Pyramid
- Xiaomi Poco F1 Gets Permanent Price Cut of Rs 1,000; Now Starts at Rs 19,999
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s