8 Tips To Take Care Of Carpets, Rugs
Clean your rug regularly, use light vacuum - it prevents impurities from becoming embedded in the rug.
This image is for representation purpose only. (Image: Reuters Pictures)
New Delhi: Having trouble cleaning your rugs and carpets? Use a light vacuum and avoid keeping furniture with razor sharp legs on top of them, says an expert.
Aditya Gupta, expert on rugs and carpets, The Rug Republic, has shared regular rug care tips that will enable your rug to maintain its original appearance and style for years:
* Clean your rug regularly, use light vacuum - it prevents impurities from becoming embedded in the rug. You can also use walk-off mats at all entrances to absorb soil and moisture.
* In case of water or liquid spillage, place towels or cloth over wet area and put pressure with a heavy object and leave overnight.
* Rugs should be dried on both front and back sides.
* When keeping a rug for a long time, it must be rolled with the front side and kept with cloth wrapping, and not folded.
* Avoid keeping furniture with razor sharp legs on top of a rug.
* Remove as much of food leaks as possible by rubbing gently with a spoon or dull knife.
* Rotate or re-position your rug every six months to enable even wear and fading on the surface and extend the life of the rug.
* Once in every two years consider expert cleaning service.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Water Baby Kim Sharma Sets the Temperature Soaring on Instagram, See Here
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display