Acid Attack Survivor Walks Fashion Runway In Capital
Because beauty lies within.
Representative Image (Image: PTI)
Acid attack survivor Ritu Saini walked the ramp as a showstopper for designer Disha Chadha at the Asian Designer Week 2017 in New Delhi on Saturday.
The three-day fashion extravaganza is taking place at the Talkatora Stadium here, and Saini took to the ramp on day two.
She walked the ramp in Chadha's latest collection 'For Example', designed for the modern gypsy. The line is inspired by the saying 'Beauty Lies Within'.
Talking about the experience, Saini said in a statement: "What caught my attention was the theme of the collection which was 'Embracing the inner beauty'. Although, I've participated in various fashion shows and events, Asian Designer Week is special as it has given me a great opportunity."
Denim has been used as the core in the collection, but in a new 'Indie-Denim' avatar.
Giving an insight into the collection, Chadha said: "The collection stems out from the concept 'Beauty Lies Within' and Ritu was the perfect person to reflect the concept beautifully. Ritu represented the same passion for the cause and reflected the beauty of the collection through her strong personality."
"The motifs and patterns on the denims are Indie-Boho. Otherwise considered as a western fabric, we've tried to give denim an Indian touch," Chadha added.
Recommended For You
- Top 2018 Upcoming MPVs in India - Mahindra Marazzo, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, 7-Seater Wagon R and More
- Narendra Modi, Sachin Tendulkar and the Internet are Mourning the Loss of Cricketer Ajit Wadekar
- Facebook, Amazon and Twitter Are Becoming Front Runners in Live Sports Broadcasting
- Lakshmi Mittal's Son-in-Law Takes Over as Chairman of Queens Park Rangers
- Reliance Jio GigaFiber Pre-Bookings Start Tomorrow: Everything You Need to Know