Acid Attack Survivor Walks Fashion Runway In Capital
Because beauty lies within.
Representative Image (Image: PTI)
Acid attack survivor Ritu Saini walked the ramp as a showstopper for designer Disha Chadha at the Asian Designer Week 2017 in New Delhi on Saturday.
The three-day fashion extravaganza is taking place at the Talkatora Stadium here, and Saini took to the ramp on day two.
She walked the ramp in Chadha's latest collection 'For Example', designed for the modern gypsy. The line is inspired by the saying 'Beauty Lies Within'.
Talking about the experience, Saini said in a statement: "What caught my attention was the theme of the collection which was 'Embracing the inner beauty'. Although, I've participated in various fashion shows and events, Asian Designer Week is special as it has given me a great opportunity."
Denim has been used as the core in the collection, but in a new 'Indie-Denim' avatar.
Giving an insight into the collection, Chadha said: "The collection stems out from the concept 'Beauty Lies Within' and Ritu was the perfect person to reflect the concept beautifully. Ritu represented the same passion for the cause and reflected the beauty of the collection through her strong personality."
"The motifs and patterns on the denims are Indie-Boho. Otherwise considered as a western fabric, we've tried to give denim an Indian touch," Chadha added.
Recommended For You
- Apple Offers Rs 3,900 Credit To iPhone Customer Who Paid For Their Out-of-Warranty iPhone Battery Replacement
- Preity Zinta's Throwback Post With Priyanka Chopra, SRK Will Take You Back to The Noughties
- Ramazan 2018: 5 Science-Backed Ways How Intermittent Fasting Benefits Everyone
- Tuticorin Fallout in Chennai: Stalin Detained
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy The OnePlus 6 Over Apple iPhone X