Acid Attack Survivor Walks Fashion Runway In Capital
Because beauty lies within.
Representative Image (Image: PTI)
Acid attack survivor Ritu Saini walked the ramp as a showstopper for designer Disha Chadha at the Asian Designer Week 2017 in New Delhi on Saturday.
The three-day fashion extravaganza is taking place at the Talkatora Stadium here, and Saini took to the ramp on day two.
She walked the ramp in Chadha's latest collection 'For Example', designed for the modern gypsy. The line is inspired by the saying 'Beauty Lies Within'.
Talking about the experience, Saini said in a statement: "What caught my attention was the theme of the collection which was 'Embracing the inner beauty'. Although, I've participated in various fashion shows and events, Asian Designer Week is special as it has given me a great opportunity."
Denim has been used as the core in the collection, but in a new 'Indie-Denim' avatar.
Giving an insight into the collection, Chadha said: "The collection stems out from the concept 'Beauty Lies Within' and Ritu was the perfect person to reflect the concept beautifully. Ritu represented the same passion for the cause and reflected the beauty of the collection through her strong personality."
"The motifs and patterns on the denims are Indie-Boho. Otherwise considered as a western fabric, we've tried to give denim an Indian touch," Chadha added.
Recommended For You
- Leander Paes Not Yet Decided When He Will Retire
- After Sona Mohapatra & Shweta Pandit, 2 More Women Share #MeToo Stories Against Anu Malik
- Director, Producer of Emraan Hashmi's Maiden Production 'Cheat India' Caught in #MeToo Storm
- Bigg Boss 12: Did Anup Jalota Hint at Jalseen's Secret Affair With Sukhwinder Singh?
- Sambar is NOT South Indian and You Should Thank the Marathas