Arnold Schwarzenegger Filed for Divorce Seven Years Ago, But is Still Married
Maria Shriver filed the divorce after she learned that Schwarzenegger fathered a child with their housekeeper.
Arnold Schwarzenegger gestures during the photo call to promote the film ''Wonders Of The Sea'', at the 65th San Sebastian Film Festival, in San Sebastian, northern Spain, Monday, Sept. 25, 2017. (Image: AP)
Actor, author and former professional body-builder Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife Maria Shriver are still awaiting their divorce to be official -- seven years after filing for it.
Journalist, author and the former First Lady of California Maria Shriver filed for divorce with Schwarzenegger on July 1, 2011. But it has been seven years and the couple is still married, reports TMZ.
Shriver filed the divorce after she learned that Schwarzenegger fathered a child with their housekeeper.
There was never any real custody complaint of their four children, of which two -- Patrick and Christopher -- were minors at the time. Both Schwarzenegger and Shriver quickly agreed on joint custody. Christopher is now 20, so there hasn't been a theoretical custody issue for years.
As for a property settlement, there was a pot of around $400 million to split. The couple reportedly started dating in 1982 and married in 1986.
Schwarzenegger has not shown interest in making the divorce final, reports TMZ.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge